Sunday 23 January 2011

JONATHAN AZAZIAH: NEVER BREAKS



NEVER BREAKS 
By Jonathan Azazia
January 17, 2011 

Where am I? Is this really my home?

Am I a human or a number in a military zone?

Standing upon my parents’ graves…

Like my land, my heart is occupied by savage rage…
   
I lay not roses that grow from the Prophets’ perspiration…

But tears of blood from my murdered nation…

I look for a sign but the language is foreign…

Everything is alien, it’s like even the worms strangle the corpses…

I lived there my whole life, now I bathe in the rubble…

The soldiers are wild dogs, some are so defeated they pray they are muzzled…

I hate them so, I pray they are pummeled…

My heart never breaks, it burns eternally with the flame of the struggle…

They tell me to breathe, I ask them, ‘how?’

When the white phosphorus has left my lungs shattered so I’m gasping loud…

I see the devils’ tanks, wondering if infinity is where the oblivion drags…

My heart never breaks, it is forever draped in the Palestinian flag…

Did you think we’d stop living when you devastated our homes 
with the noxious bombs?

Did you think we’d stop praying because you don’t allow us in The Dome Of The Rock, you’re wrong…

My ears hurt, from settlements is where that awful music stems…

I feel dirtier when I wash, because I know my water is first used by them…

My mind cries, it’s an overload…

If the olive oil from our broken groves was blood, 
the world’s oceans would have overflowed…

Checkpoint insanity, they shoot my face if I question…

Even when I eat I can't escape the aggression…

Because the lemons are rotten, it’s the taste of oppression…

Watching our every move, I think your eye in the sky is a fraud…

The only One that watches everything is The Most Glorious, The Highest, ALLAH…

My heart never breaks, it is armored by the iron of God…

I will not swear allegiance to you, I will not accept disgrace and misery…

You can break my bones, but you can never break my dignity…

We are lions, we roar with our might and our honor…

We are eagles, and no F-16 can block the flight of a martyr…

Your bullets can pierce flesh to kill us with your spite…

But your bullets cannot pierce our willingness to fight…

Standing upon my parents’ graves, wondering when slumber will come to me 
with its wonderful bliss…

I am Palestinian, therefore Israel doesn’t exist…

You can blockade, occupy, and genocide me, it will be all in vain…

I am steadfast, and I will struggle on through this horrid pain…

Justice and freedom are heavenly you see…

I will never break, because Palestine is everything to me…

My eyes stop hurting, the end of the tears is close…

A people with dignity is what the occupier fears the most…

My heart never breaks, our love will forever fly…

We are Palestinian, and our Spirit will never die…

~ The End ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.